Be A Change Agent in the Sports Industry
Host a McLendon Fellow and cultivate the next generation of leaders!
Hosts provide a meaningful, 10-12 month professional experience within a department of their choice. Past Fellows have held positions within the following areas: development, diversity, equity and inclusion, student-athlete development, player development, corporate sponsorships, etc.
By supporting a Fellow you will:
- Increase BIPOC representation and equity in sports at every level
- Have access to a diverse pipeline of passionate students and alumni
- Provide access and opportunity to historically excluded individuals
- Accelerate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with purpose and authenticity
- Be a part of a new standard
The MLI Experience
MLI positions are uniquely tailored to the needs of the respective organization and may in but not limited to the following areas: Business Operations, Communications, Compliance, Facilities, Finance, Sponsorships, Management, Human Resources, Marketing, and Creative Content.
Since the programs inception, 121 McLendon Fellows have been matched at institutions and sports organizations across the country. Past Fellows have used their experience to secure full-time employment at ESPN, USOPC, New York Jets, Evil Geniuses, Detroit Pistons, NABC, and numerous college athletic departments across the country.
WHAT'S THE PROCESS?
In partnership ProLink, the McLendon Foundation works to provide a turnkey process for the host organization. To host a McLendon Fellow, we ask the following of host organizations