CLEVELAND – The John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2020 Minority Postgraduate Scholarship Program.
NACDA is pleased to offer, through the John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation, eight (8) $10,000 postgraduate scholarships, to minority candidates planning to pursue a master’s degree in athletics administration/sport management. The scholarship is in addition to any other awards or scholarships the student may have already received.
Through the support of the Fiesta Bowl, one of the eight (8) available scholarships will be earmarked specifically for a minority candidate from an Arizona based four-year institution.
Candidates who meet the following may be considered for the scholarship:
- Meet the federal guidelines for definition as a minority
- Candidate is a current full-time senior and plans to pursue a master’s degree in athletics administration/sports management; OR is currently enrolled in a full-time capacity in an athletics administration/sports management master’s program but will not have graduated before September 2020
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.2 or its equivalent in undergraduate curriculum
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities on a college/university or community level
- Submit a 1,000-word personal essay explaining both:
- How your intended/current graduate program help you succeed in athletics administration?
- How you have demonstrated the values of John McLendon (Integrity, Education, Leadership, Mentorship)? Please provide examples of each value.
PLEASE NOTE: If the candidate will be pursuing a course of study that is unique, or if there are mitigating factors, please inform the selection committee of such cases and those circumstances may be considered. Ph.D. and J.D. programs will not be considered.
CLICK HERE to apply for the 2020 John McLendon Minority Postgraduate Scholarship. The application deadline is Friday, March 13.
For more information about the John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation or the Postgraduate Scholarship Program please contact Foundation Director Adrien Harraway or Foundation intern Corina Bourantas in the NACDA National Office.
About the John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation: The John McLendon Minority Foundation is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization Founded and Administered by NACDA that provides educational opportunities and serves as a vehicle for networking, information and advocacy on behalf of the profession. If you have any questions regarding this program, please visit www.mclendonminorityfoundation.com.
About the Fiesta Bowl: The Fiesta Bowl’s vision is to be a world-class community organization that executes innovative experiences, drives economic growth and champions charitable causes, inspiring pride in all Arizonans. As a nonprofit organization, it believes in the importance of community outreach and service. Through charitable giving, the organization strives to enhance Arizona nonprofit organizations that contribute to the success of communities through youth, sports and education. Since 1971, the Fiesta Bowl has worked to increase its footprint across the state and work to benefit Arizonans year-round, during and outside of bowl season. For more information about its local impact and how to get involved, visit FiestaBowl.org.
About NACDA: NACDA, now in its 55th year, is the professional and educational Association for more than 12,500 college athletics administrators at more than 1,600 institutions throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. More than 6,500 athletics administrators annually attend NACDA & Affiliates Convention Week. Additionally, NACDA manages 17 professional associations and three foundations. For more information on NACDA, visit www.nacda.com.